Title

Title

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Some of My Art: Day 15

Today in The Cube:

Yep, that's supposed to be Wolverine. It's a work-in-progress.

So, this one has a story behind it. Mutual Twitter follow @JimxSabo suggested that I do a sketch of Wolverine. 'Cause, y'know, he's the best there is at what he does, yadda yadda.

And I got to thinking - I didn't want to draw any of the Ol' Canucklehead's costumes; I really dig Wolverine when he's 'off-duty', taking care of his secret personal business.

Lo, and many years ago, I read an old Marc Silvertri issue of Wolverine where he revisits his past as a partisan with the Republic forces (and Ernest Hemingway) during the Spanish Civil War. So, I got to thinking, what if Logan was also involved in the Mexican Revolution and rode with Villa?

So, here is Logan, lighting up a smoke circa 1917.

The best there is at what he does... lightin' a stogie.

No comments:

Post a Comment